Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Springtime Wish List

What's almost as good as having tulips, Lenten roses (aka hellebore), and other lovely spring flowers in your garden? Having friends and neighbors who plant them and let you enjoy - and photograph - them!

Here are some plants I'd like to see in my own garden next year - especially the tulips! (Now that I know the chicken wire trick . . . )

In case you haven't heard of this squirrel-thwarting technique, come a little closer and I'll whisper it: you place chicken wire over the soil after bulbs are planted - according to my sources, your bulbs are then safe from digging critters! shhh~~

So even though my garden is a bit bare this spring (or I should say all the color comes from daffodils because they're deer-proof!), I've been enjoying the beautiful flowers growing in other gardens. And, I'm putting these on my wish list for next year . . . because by then I'm sure we will have the deer/squirrel situation under control!

What's blooming in your neighborhood this week?

3 comments:

  1. The tulips and daffodils and... my lemon tree and strawberry plants! While those blossoms are little and don't really count as blooms they make me very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those yellow flowers in the second picture look like lesser celandine, the bane of my existence. I don't think you want those. I have been working diligently for over ten years to rid my yard of these things, but to no avail.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the chicken wire tip. I will have to try that.
    I have crocuses, of course, and daffodils. Not much else yet, but things are definitely greening up! Your pictures are so cheerful!
    Happy Spring,
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails