Hearing 'Car Wash' on the radio a few days ago inspired this little music quiz. From the snippet of lyrics provided below, can you name the tune?
- Oh the shark has pretty teeth dear, and he shows them pearly white
- Love is a temple, love is a higher law
- Summer fling, don't mean a thing, bu-ut, oh . . .
- Yeah, they were dancin' and singin' and movin' to the groovin'
- How they dance in the courtyard, sweet summer sweat. Some dance to remember, some dance to forget.
- But when you're walking down the street, and you ain't had enough to eat, the glitter rubs right off and you're nowhere
- I bet there's rich folks eatin' in a fancy dining car
- I laughed at all of your jokes, my love you didn't need to coax
- And I got a song to sing, all over this land
- When I come home feelin' tired and beat, I go up where the air is fresh and sweet
I hope you enjoyed this little walk through pop music history. Come back Monday for the answers or drop me a line or comment about your favorite music memory. Gotta run, it's a beautiful day and I have a sudden urge to wash my car . . . "work, and work, keep those rags and machines hummin' . . . "The Song Tree graphic was provided by Dry Icons.