Here's the recipe:
Cranberry Muffins (from Nov '08 Southern Lady magazine)
2 cups self-rising flour (if using all-purpose add 2 t. baking powder & 1/4 t. salt)
1 cup sugar
1 cup fresh cranberries
2 large eggs
1/2 cup butter, melted and cooled
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup sour cream
- Preheat oven to 400. Grease and sugar a 12-cup muffin pan. Set aside.
- Prepare Orange Crumble Topping (see below). Set aside.
- In medium bowl, combine dry ingredients. Gently stir in cranberries.
- In separate bowl, whisk together wet ingredients. Add this mixture to flour/sugar mixture. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened - don't overmix.
- Pour into muffin pan and sprinkle crumble topping over batter. Bake for 18-20 minutes. Cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons grated orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon butter, melted
These are moister the second day and great with a glass of fresh orange juice. Here's a great trick for getting the most juice from your oranges - microwave them (1 or 2 at a time) for 10 seconds before juicing. Also, if you're a bit pushed for time, mix fresh juice with store-bought. It will taste almost like it's all fresh-squeezed!