- Til the one day when the lady met this fellow, and they knew that it was much more than a hunch
This is perhaps the easiest question on the quiz - the answer is The Brady Bunch. We won't mention the recurring squabble that possibly nixed The Today Show reunion last week . . .
- Their house is a museum, when people come to see 'um
The next line might help here: "They really are a scre-um . . ." The Addams Family, of course. Based on characters created by Charles Addams, this show was pretty clever (or at least it seemed that way to me watching it in reruns as a kid). I still like the finger clicks ~snap~snap.
- In West Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days
Will Smith fans may recognize this as the Fresh Prince of Bel-Air theme, sung by Smith himself. Who could have predicted his move from rapper-turned sitcom star to Oscar-nominated actor? Now that's jiggy . . . or do I mean fresh?
- Hills that is. Swimmin' pools, movie stars.
Another easy one - at least if you're my age. The Beverly Hillbillies seemed to be in syndication forever . . . even as a kid this show was too dumb to watch, but somehow you watched it anyway. Great theme song, though!
- Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna go when they come for you?
This is the theme from COPS - a show no one admits watching, yet it's in its 22nd season!
- Set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance.
Did you recognize this line from The Love Boat theme? It was sung by Jack Jones and written by Paul Williams - how '70s is that?
- They laugh alike, they talk alike. At times they even walk alike.
This is from The Patty Duke Show - which was a staple on TVLand in the early days. Trivia Note: Patty Duke was once married to John Astin from The Addams Family! Perhaps it didn't work out because he liked hot dogs and she preferred Crepe Suzette . . .
- Rain and wind and weather. Hell-bent for leather . . .
Rawhide - 'nuff said.
- Come and knock on our door. We've been waiting for you. Where the kisses are hers and hers and his.
Picture John Ritter/Jack Tripper prat-falling over an ottoman and you've got the answer: Three's Company.
- So let's make the most of this beautiful day. Since we're together we might as well say . . .
Pardon me while I change into my indoor shoes - oh, and, the answer is Mr. Rogers' Neighborhood.
Feeling up to answering the bonus questions?
- Ground floor perfumery, stationery and leather goods
This British show has been shown continuously on PBS stations for decades, while in the UK it is not popular at all . . . perhaps it's the same factor that causes German television stations to show Hogan's Heroes and Dallas? Regardless, the show is Are You Being Served? and you either love it or can't bear to watch it at all.
- Well, now, take down your fishin' pole, and meet me at The Fishin' Hole. We may not get a bite all day, but don't you rush away.
Finally, these are the lyrics from The Andy Griffith Show theme - who knew it wasn't just whistling?
Monday, March 8, 2010
Happy Monday + Quiz Answers!
I hope you're having a great Monday - the sun is out here and Spring seems imminent. And some would say it's about time! Here are the answers to yesterday's television theme song quiz: