Monday, July 13, 2009

Meet Polly the Dolly

Inspired by the some fabulous sewing blogs, I decided to make a fabric doll for my niece. Using the pattern from Inside the Black Apple and fabric from Amy Butler, I started with high hopes. (BTW - if you're looking for Amy Butler fabric, several eBay fabric stores carry great fat quarter packs that let you try whole collections and are perfect for small projects like this!) I used velvet for the hair, instead of felt, but otherwise stuck closely to the original. Mine isn't as well-tailored as the ones for sale by Inside the Black Apple, but I'm pretty pleased with her and think my niece will like her, too. She has her own pillow and a quilt that was based on the full-size quilt on the May cover of my new favorite magazine - BBC Homes & Antiques. The next time you're browsing through the web, take a look at the many great craft and sewing blogs - you're sure to find some inspirational ideas . . . and it's the perfect time to begin making those holiday gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails