Friday, June 18, 2010

The Ice Cube Cometh!

And ice doesn't just come in cubes these days - look at these fun shapes!

How cute are these Gin & Titonic ice cubes? The tray makes one iceberg for each ship, so no guest will feel left out . . . or, as bartender, you can mix them up any way you like. Would you prefer three icebergs or two ships in your White Russian?

And how about these ice kabobs? I'd love to find one of these in a tall glass of lemonade or iced tea!


And finally, the ice jewels! Serve these with carrot juice if you're feeling punny. You can find these clever ice trays, and more, here. I think the ice kabobs are my favorite! And if you're going for a Mad Men feel for your summer parties, you'll need a retro ice tray, like this one from Vermont Country Store:
And an ice bucket! How about this lovely monogrammed one from Williams-Sonoma?
So don't underestimate the importance of ice in your summer drinks! And remember, Aristotle and Sir Francis Bacon believed warm water freezes faster than cold. Were they right? Click here to find out before you fill that ice tray!

1 comment:

  1. I love the Gin and Titonics. I may have to get some of those. When I saw the picture of the old ice tray, I realized that I don't miss those at all.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails