Sunday, March 7, 2010

Fish Don't Fry in the Kitchen, Beans Don't Burn on the Grill

Did you recognize that line from the Jefferson's television show theme song? If you grew up in the '70s or '80s, like me, you may be able to sing the whole song (which is officially called 'Movin' On Up' and was written and sung by Ja'net Du Bois of Good Times fame). Writing about the Gilligan's Island theme last week made me think of all the television shows from the past that had great themes - often better than the actual shows! I thought it might be fun to have a little quiz about theme songs - can you name the show based on these lyrics?







  1. Til the one day when the lady met this fellow, and they knew that it was much more than a hunch


  2. Their house is a museum, when people come to see 'um


  3. In West Philadelphia born and raised, on the playground is where I spent most of my days


  4. Hills that is. Swimmin' pools, movie stars.


  5. Bad boys, bad boys, whatcha gonna do? Whatcha gonna go when they come for you?


  6. Set a course for adventure, your mind on a new romance.


  7. They laugh alike, they talk alike. At times they even walk alike.


  8. Rain and wind and weather. Hell-bent for leather . . .


  9. Come and knock on our door. We've been waiting for you. Where the kisses are hers and hers and his.


  10. So let's make the most of this beautiful day. Since we're together we might as well say . . .


    Bonus questions - the first is for fan of Britcoms and the second is tricky because the lyrics were not used on the television show.


  11. Ground floor perfumery, stationery and leather goods


  12. Well, now, take down your fishin' pole, and meet me at The Fishin' Hole. We may not get a bite all day, but don't you rush away.

Thanks for joining me on this theme show sing-a-long! Tune in tomorrow for the answers.

1 comment:

  1. Well, I think I might get 4 or 5 of them. I'll find out tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails